1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How to re install windows 7 on laptop (licence on the back)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by foogy, 2013/06/16.

1. 2013/06/16
    foogy

foogy Inactive Thread Starter

I want to re install my Windows 7 on my laptop; i have the key licence on the back of my laptop; basically i want to re install it because i want to clean it up a little; can anyone go me through the steps of doing so properly? what i know is you have to do it right before windows is starting (before it arrives to the actually desktop)
    I have windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1).

2. 2013/06/16
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/06/16
    foogy

thank you for the response but this didn't help me very much as i don "t have a CD of windows to put in; when i got the laptop windows was already incorporated in it and all i had to do is go trough the steps of activating the windows; my licence is on the back of the laptop; so there must be a solution of re-installing the windows without having the actually CD/DVD.
    i tried to repair windows and it failed: then i tried to re-store windows and it failed giving me a message that a an error has occurred; i restarted the windows as that was my only option (beside shut down) and then windows entered my desktop giving me the message that re-store was successfully done: weird;
    any advice or further Info on what to do; i still think i have to re-install the windows though

5. 2013/06/16
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

If there is not a Restore feature when you boot up or you don't have a CD/DVD, then you can't.
    Did you get this when it was NEW? Most PC's now ask you when you boot up to make a backup copy.

You can contact the Manufacture of the PC and ask for a CD/DVD and they may send you one for a small fee.

Your system info that you have leaves a lot to be desired. 32/64 Bit OS 32-bit is not really much to go on. Look at mine and a couple of others to get a better idea of what to put.

6. 2013/06/16
    foogy

yes it's new, i have bought the laptop from the store; i think i remember seeing a function of Restore system or something like that when i was browsing through the systems menu; is that like re-installing your windows because i don't really know?

7. 2013/06/16
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

1. You can download Windows 7 from Digital River, a licensed distributor of Microsoft software.

Since each download is over 3GB, and your current Product Key will only work with your edition of Windows, make sure to select the right one:

2. Download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool.

This utility helps you burn your Windows 7 ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive. Whether you choose DVD or USB makes no difference; just confirm that your PC can boot to the media type you select.

3. Boot your computer using your new Windows 7 DVD or USB flash drive and follow the prompts to install Windows 7.

Hermitt likes this.
  8. 2013/07/14
    John32073

John32073 Well-Known Member