1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

blue screen help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by normcfmtenn, 2013/01/10.

1. 2013/01/10
    normcfmtenn

normcfmtenn Inactive Thread Starter

windows will NOT start blue screen. tryed to boot from recovery disk and windows install disk no go. sys finds the cd drive and starts to load files then goes to starting setup then nothing. tryed to boot to recovery and it does the same thing just starts then goes no where. I have replaced the video card as the old one stoped working.

I tried there was a two wire off but had no effect.

When I boot the computer it says win did Not start REPAIR " enter yes" then goes to blue screen with mouse.

When I boot using win 7 install disk loads files asks if i want to repair enter yes" then goes to blue scree.

When I try to reinstall using the win 7 upgrade disk goes to setup is starting . Then nothing but the loading circle rotates but nothing and i let this go for a long time..

Last edited: 2013/01/11
  2. 2013/01/10
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Maybe when you replaced the video card, you bumped a cable loose. That is what I would check first. Also, do you get any beeps when you turn the PC on? If so, what are they. Long and Short and in what order?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2013/01/12
    elcajongunsfan Lifetime Subscriber

elcajongunsfan Well-Known Member

Yuck.. Sounds pretty bad. What are the blue screen codes? i.e. c0000005, 0000000a etc?

Go to another computer and get a linux live cd .iso and try to boot with it to rule out bad ram or bad hardware. Also get memtest or windiag and check ram

5. 2013/02/18
    normcfmtenn

normcfmtenn Inactive Thread Starter

Repaired

I have repaired my computer. I had to wipe the first two partitions in order to reinstall windows. Lost all my data but got the computer running again.

6. 2013/02/18
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

7. 2013/02/18
    Admin.

Admin. Administrator Administrator Staff

Please mark your thread as 'Resolved'.