1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Internet Explorer freezes desktop Icons

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Zero-2-Hero, 2012/08/06.

1. 2012/08/06
    Zero-2-Hero

Zero-2-Hero Inactive Thread Starter

Hi,
    It's great to be back and wanted to pass on an experience I recently had. For a long time I could not figure out why Internet Explorer was freezing the Icons. Every time I would go into the Internet (IE8), and then try to access an Icon it would do nothing, would not open up. Allot of reserach was done thru Google and came across several others who were having the same problem and it appeared none of the suggested fixes worked. This problem seemed to be only affecting Window 7 users.

Malware and virus scans were done in both normal and safe mode and no infections were found. Upgraded IE8 to IE9 and that too did not change anything. Ran other programs like Process Explorer and could not pin point anything that way. I also used my own experience in trying to find why this was happening with no luck. In combination of all I read and my own knowledge, finally solved the problem when I disabled 'Skype click to call" and unchecked "Skype" from startup. Now I can access all Icons no matter how many times I go into the Internet.

2. 2012/08/08
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Thanks for posting your solution. I've always unchecked the option "Skype click to call" when installing/updating Skype.

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.