1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

List of necessary updates

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by merlinone, 2012/04/02.

1. 2012/04/02
    merlinone

merlinone Inactive Thread Starter

I want to reformat my drive that has windows 7 on it and do a fresh install of the os. The only problem is that my internet connection is slow and it would take a while to download and install everything. My friend has faster internet connection than I and I was thinking of downloading all the updates beforehand so the only task I would have to do is install it. The only problem is that I do not know what to download. Is there a list somewhere of all the necessary updates I need or do I just download the latest service pack and start from there? I have the RTM version of Windows 7.

2. 2012/04/02
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Why don't you just take your PC to your friends house and download all you need there and then bring it back home. Updates, probrams like Java, and the Adobe ones etc.
    I know what you mean about taking a long time. We were on Dialup and nothing else available in our area for a long time. I use to do the updates and go to bed and hope that they were done in the morning when I got up. :D

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2012/04/03
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Another option is to download the updates through some software like Autopatcher there & then install them on your computer. Have been using this software for a long time to update computers & its reliable & good.

5. 2012/05/03
    tigerbright

tigerbright Inactive