1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

User Profile missing at DELAY User switching

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by FuzMic, 2011/10/26.

1. 2011/10/26
    FuzMic

FuzMic Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi members

This is an extension from my last post in xpWin on this subject. As this also happened in Win7.64 bit, i thought by posting here i can alert someone close to Ms who design window to look behind the scene.

This the 3nd posting of an old problem because it occurs in many, many PC running xpWin.sp3. [This now happening in Win7]

In the 1st posting, I was advised that it could be due to 1) corrupted profile (solution: delete ntuser.dat) 2) virus infection or 3) hard disk intermittent failure. But the problem is quite different as diagnosed by respondents.

The key point is it relates to DELAYED user switching. The circumstances are as follows:

1) It happen on numerous PC with winxp.sp3, prof & home, each PC has a number of normal users and admin users

2) It only occur after booting & login as one user; after a LONG WHILE / HOURS, i try to switch to another user, sometimes (sometimes) this user profile is reported as missing.

3) On rebooting, all profiles become available on "users switching" provided "users switching" is done within a short time (less than an hour) after rebooting.

4) All profiles are working at each reboot, ie there is no corruption of the ntuse.dat file at all.

2. 2011/10/26
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Good luck, my bet is you won't find any answer. If you want to troubleshoot this, I can only suggest you contact Microsoft & try working with them.

Arie,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/10/26
    FuzMic

FuzMic Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best, not hopeful!!. Cheers!