1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

UAC Admin Permissions?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gplea, 2011/10/23.

1. 2011/10/23
    gplea

gplea Inactive Thread Starter

It's been about 7 mo.s since I last used ANY PC, so I've forgotten quite a few details. I'm getting more, and more frustrated by the minute with Win7's REALLY ANAL Admin permissions. I have the UAC set to MAX permissions. I've also used the "Take Ownership" Util to give me access, but still have so much hassle installing ANYTHING despite being logged in as Admin. Isn't there something SIMPLE I can do?

:mad::mad::mad:
    GPLEA
    :mad::mad::mad:

2. 2011/10/23
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Yes, you can disable the UAC if you want to. I and many others won't. To easy for ANYTHING to slip in and make you mad and you won't know it till it is to late. Click on the Start ORB and then in the box right above it type in Change User Account Control and go from there.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2011/10/23
    Xrozz

Xrozz Inactive

Hey gplea,

Go to START> on the space left for 'searching programs and files' type UAC then the option for changing the settings will appear. You can put lower the level of security never to notify you if there any changes that are made, but again this is risky as Mr.Bill says, it will compromise on your security.
    Hope this helped answer your problem

5. 2011/10/24
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

You may want to let us know what you have UAC set to. These are the possible levels:

• Always notify
    • Notice only when programs try to make changes
    • Never notify

Arie,
  6. 2011/10/24
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

Taking ownership is not going to solve your problems. When you are logged in as a user with Administrator privileges, you are the owner of allmost all the things.

What are you trying to install ? If the app is correctly designed, you won't see the UAC prompt.