1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

MSIE settings for one admin account

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by Goaglen, 2009/12/09.

1. 2009/12/09
    Goaglen Contributing Member

Goaglen Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I set my personal account in W2K as admin, but did not allow it to change MSIE settings, done from pure admin account. Thought it a decent idea for playing online games (added security?) I play Zynga Mafia Wars frequently and have had some interesting activity from it and Facebook.

Now, since Zynga changed its sytem during a maintenance shut down, I can not get back on. I have followed all instructions on their help site, but am getting a security settings error message saying to lower privacy settings to Medium or Medium High. I thought I did that, but did it from the pure admin account.

Is there another service, setting location, or security location which will allow me to change it for my personal account on W2K? I am not allowed to make changes in Tools>Internet Settings from my account. Do I need to change that. If so, can someone remind me how to do it?

Zynga EM:

Privacy Set security to Medium or Medium high

2. 2010/01/03
    pcbugfixer

pcbugfixer Inactive

G'Day "Goaglen "

IE (Internet Explorer) and it's Settings are all in Internet Properties.

If you have the IE large Icon on your desktop, right mouse click on it and left mouse click on Properties, once there you click on the Security tab at the top which opens the 4 setting to perform your task.

If not, go to Control Panel and click on "Internet Options "

I suggest having all set to their default levels
    "Intrernet" set to medium
    "Local Intranet" set to Medium-Low
    "Trusted Sites" set to Low
    "Restricted sites" set to High

pcbugfixer ;)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2010/01/03
    Goaglen Contributing Member

Goaglen Well-Known Member Thread Starter

pcbugfixer,

Did check settings. All were as you described. EM still the same:

"Operations cancelled on this computer due to restrictions. Contact your system administrator. "

Wondering if there is a setting in C:\Program Files\Administrative Tools\Services or Component Services for access. Or possibly in the Security settings somehwere. Admin account is separate and I can access it by logging off my account.