1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Screen options

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tom Emmelot, 2016/02/09.

1. 2016/02/09
    Tom Emmelot

Tom Emmelot Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hey,
    I want to change a thing, text font size, bold, frames etc.
    Unfortunately'm not a boss on my computer, a system administrator seems to have taken it from me!
    How can I change this?
    When I click on the question why .... then nothing happens!
    And the font size so I can not use.
    Would like to change more but do not know how!

Tom Vrgr

Attached Files:

2. 2016/02/09
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I this a computer that you use at work or your personal use computer that you use at home.

lj50,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/02/09
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Tom Emmelot, To change the size of text, apps and other items - Right click Start button > Control Panel > Display > is this where you are trying to make your changes?
    As LJ has already asked the question - is this your Personal Comp or are you in a work area (Office)? Neil.

5. 2016/02/10
    Tom Emmelot

Hi, my home computer and i am the administrator and now if i come to change the screen, at the top is says that some things wont work because the system administrator is in charge! But thats me i thought!
    So it is at more points at the moment where this systemadmin is the boss!
    So i am puzzled!

Kind regards,
    Tom

6. 2016/02/10
    MrBill

MrBill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Try right clicking on it and choose Run As Administrator and see if that works.

7. 2016/02/10
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

A long shot, but I remember seeing a similar message when attempting to change a setting - can't remember which one, but the solution, which would appear to be completely unrelated, was ......

Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics and set Diagnostic and Usage Data to Enhanced - I had it set to Basic.

Check out your setting.

8. 2016/02/10
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

lj50,
    Tom Emmelot likes this.
  9. 2016/02/11
    Tom Emmelot

Hi all,

Thanks for al the help,so i got your attention ;) I just had a new system in Augustus, working fine, then there was a update, you know that automatic win 10 system! I got some warnings in my log file and saw somtimes a DOS screen and interupt in games. Won of the logs, was a warning that 1 got 8 times, for every processor, that the firmware neat a update! So i had that just done a week ago without anny problem, so i run my MSI update program and yes there was a new firmware update and let him download and install. Reboot and wat me never overcom, the system dead and after a bios reset still dead! So i to the shop and there a funny gay says "oh that happens a lot with MSI" So i said it is mine first MSI, so also the last! What do you have with the same shipset from a other company. So i had "MSI Z170A KRAIT Gaming" and now i got a "Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming K3" sheaper and strange anough faster. So i put all my stuff on the board and you wont beleaf me Win 10 starts without any problem. So after running the driver CD i got not 1 period in Hardware. But remain with that problem above!. Now sorry to say, i did sometings in services on and off and i did not look of the problem was gone, but today i saw that i coold change my screen again and the system administrator was also gone! I cant recall what it fixed! So the board works fine and i am bussy to finetune, folowing the advices that is given here in Windows BBS. I got still a few yellow and red in my log file, some about Readyboot, ESENTService, Lsa-service, where i look for some answers, so is here somebody that can give me some help i like that.

So kind regards Tom

10. 2016/03/15
    retiredlearner

Hi Tom, is your computer running OK? Can you change your Text,Font size etc.? Are you the Administrator again? Neil.

11. 2016/05/14
    Tom Emmelot

Hi Neil,
    So Sorry for the late reply! Yes i can do all the things that where bocked again, so problem solved, but i don't know what it fixed:(
    Kind regards Tom

12. 2016/05/14
    retiredlearner

I don't know whether my experience will help, but, my Genius keyboard has a Numeral pad/calculator on the right end of the keyboard. It's about 6 or7 years old and has a software CD supplied. It has worked OK with XP/Vista/W7/W8.1. When W10 installed - the number pad/calculator would not work - I had to use the numbers on the top of the keyboard. I ran the CD software and W10 would not run it. I emailed the the keyboard manufacturer for drivers to suit W10 and they apologized and said that it was out of production and couldn't help.
    I was resigned to using the numbers on the upper part of the keyboard and left it at that. I've been using it for over 9 months like this.
    Three days ago the calculator/number pad started working!:eek::D.
    Go figure that one. This Genius keyboard is Model KB-29e Calculator and has media control unit and lots of other goodies built in. It is now working as new :D Is this down to W10 - I'm happy but like you - I don't know what fixed it. Neil.

Tom Emmelot likes this.