1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Free Windows 10 Update

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by WesternKY, 2015/08/04.

1. 2015/08/04
    WesternKY Lifetime Subscription

WesternKY Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I tried to take the opportunity to upgrade for the free Windows 10 Upgrade. It gave me a compatibility issue when it checked my computer. It said that I did not have "NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE 430 ". The message went on to say "The display manufacture hasn't made my display compatible with Windows 10. Check with manufactures support ". I am fine with Windows 7, and will continue to use it if I have to. The question that I need answering is do I need to buy another computer or what to get Windows 10? Could anyone out there give me some advice before I start spending my hard earn money:(?? Thanks in advance.

2. 2015/08/04
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

If your computer is older than 3 years, it makes sense to upgrade it now before upgrading to Win 10. Remember that upgrade version of Win 10 is tied to your hardware. There is no key & it won't let you install again on a different hardware [how different nobody knows].

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/08/04
    WesternKY Lifetime Subscription

WesternKY Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks for answering so quickly! So you are suggesting that I purchase another new computer with windows 10 already installed...right?

5. 2015/08/04
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni

That could be one option or you can purchase a computer with Win 8 & then upgrade. Depends on what is available cheaper.

6. 2015/08/05
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

You presumably have onboard graphics - it would help if you filled in your System Details. Given that you have a PCI-e slot free you could always fit an uprated graphics card, but check that your PSU is of adequate size.

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 replacement help

Click on 'This post' in Greybear's reply.