1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows 10 is Just Not Enough (even it is free, as announced)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by IvanH, 2015/01/22.

1. 2015/01/22
    IvanH

IvanH Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Not surprise to me that Windows 10 will be free. It must be free, at least! It must be free to slow down Microsoft diving speed of influence in the technology market.

What's more that Microsoft should do including further develop and:

1. Run Windows 10 as an app on Mac OS X Yosemite;

2. Run Windows 10 as a Virtual Machine on Mac OS X Yosemite, without Parallels Desktop, VMware Fusion or Oracle VirtualBox, i.e. Windows 10 must include its own hypervisor and transparent during Windows 10 installation on OS X;

3*. Run Windows 10 as an app on Apple iOS 9, expecting that iPhone 6s and iPad Pro has 2-4 GB RAM, while current hardware versions (e.g. iPhone 6 / 6 Plus) has 1 GB RAM only;

4. Run Windows 10 as an app on Android 4.4 and later version;

5. Run Windows Server 10 (or Home Server 10) on Mac OS X Yosemite in order to compete OS X Server 4.0 and later;

6. Run Windows 10 with much less energy when idling;

7. Offer more affordable software for home-based IT professionals who need software to practice while their employers are getting mean allowing them to use enterprise software at home. e.g. Microsoft Project, Visio etc. More and more IT professionals are becoming contractors, body-shop employees, hourly-based wages workers, on-the-bench or lay-off unemployed... and they have been abandoned (by IBM in the past, then Microsoft in the not-so-long-ago) and shifted to free-of-charge or low-cost IT platforms to keep up their skills. (e.g. at Student rate.)

Note:
    * in order to minimize the risk that Apple will stop letting Windows 10 app on iOS App Store shelf one day, Microsoft should prepare a native jailbreak OS version on iPhone and iPad which allows customers to replace iOS totally.

Though I don't see my suggestions happening...

So, the consequent of Microsoft is worrying...

2. 2015/01/28
    leushino

leushino Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people always have to be so negative, particularly towards Microsoft. If you don't like Windows, use Linux or switch to Apple but why continue to bash Microsoft? It's get old real fast and for the past few years now I realize it's been seen as fashionable to bash Microsoft. Here's a thought: use Windows XP and hope for the best. Or, pull the plug on your computer and find something else with which you can interact with life in general. <wry grin>

Last edited: 2015/01/29

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/02/13
    IvanH

IvanH Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hey Leushino, If you're talking about "people ", start another thread. If you're talking about me, bravely say so. But you're wrong or disconnected from what I said: I didn't bash Microsoft. (The consumers do! Or they don't, by just turning away from Microsoft.) I gave valuable suggestion to revive their products and product strategies. It's totally FREE and in the last 10 years my predictions are very much correct.
    But you're right, and I switched to Apple years ago, for personal and family use. For business, many of my clients are still using XP until recently because there's no "marginal" value to upgrade and they're using unix-alike servers instead of Windows servers. Be realistic, I suggest you to go to any physical bookstore and see how much shelf space is still allocated to "Computers" and "Microsoft Products ".
    Lastly, if you don't understand something, find it out.

James Martin likes this.