1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

ASP.NET user account....

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Hill, 2008/06/25.

1. 2008/06/25
    Hill

Hill Inactive Thread Starter

Hi.
    I was going to add another account on my machine and I saw this/that.
    I never created it and my wife didn't create it. Its a limited account and its password protected. I see on Google that its some developers type software.
    Within the last couple of weeks I've add a external HD and acronis backup software. Could it be something related to that?

Should I be worried and can I delete the account?

Thanks for any info.
    Heath

edit: It doesn't show up on the main sign in screen.

Hill,
  2. 2008/06/25
    Mansour

Mansour Inactive

hi hill

well this account must be created by Dotnetframework 1.0 during it's installation .
    Des: "Account used for running the ASP.NET worker process (aspnet_wp.exe)'

i don't know it's dangerous to keep it on or u can delete it,but i always delete it cause i don't need that . yes u can delete this account :
    first enter with the user with administrastion access,then in Run type "control userpasswords2" & here you are,now manage your accounts in XP .

note: Microsoft recommend that users install Dotnetframework 1 -sp1 . but you can also install the dotnetframework2.0 in xp & 3 in vista ( i'm not sure there is a xp version of dotnetframework 3.0 or not ) for more compitability with new software base on dotnetframework .

tnx

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/06/26
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

There are several 'other' accounts in XP (Screenshot) one of which is the ASP.net. Leave them be:)

Attached Files:

5. 2008/06/26
    Hill

Hill Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks Mansour and PeteC.
    I was very surprised when I saw it.
    I guess I'll leave it.

H

Hill,