1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Photo order in My Pictures

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mike devon, 2008/05/29.

1. 2008/05/29
    mike devon

mike devon Well-Known Member Thread Starter

In folders in My Pictures I have arranged my photos in a logical sequence that tells a story and underneath each photo there is a brief name.
    My problem is whenever I go to view my photos as a slide show or copy them to a cd they are always rearranged into alphabetical order using the brief name given, I don't want this I want them in the order that I originally set,
    how do I fix this. In anticipation Mike

2. 2008/05/29
    MitchellCooley Lifetime Subscription

MitchellCooley Inactive

In my pictures (or whichever folder they are in), click "view ", "arrange icons by ", turn off auto arrange. See if that helps.

Mitch

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/05/29
    mflynn

mflynn Inactive

The default order is always by name. So!

Rename them by adding 1-whateverthemameis.jpg

Example

MyGirl.jpg

new name 1-MyGirl.jpg

Now all yo have to do is number them in the order you wish.

Try it on a few and if it does what you want then do them all.

Mike

5. 2008/05/29
    surferdude2

surferdude2 Inactive

There is an easy way to do that and it will also do many other good things for you. It's also free! Try the free photo handling software from Google called Picasa.

When you first open it, it will search your drive or drives for all photos and present you with the list. You can manipulate them as you so desire and create different folders for them. You can exclude any from the list as you see fit. Doing that doesn't change their location on your drive nor does it delete them from your drive, it just affects how the Picasa program sees them.

You can drag and drop them into any position you like and they will stay in that sequence. You can then have it run a slide show and the sequence will be as you like. You can even send them to someone via CD or other media and include the slide show as an option if you merely check an option box.

All that and a lot more. Pretty great stuff for free!

Take the tour of Picasa features

Last edited: 2008/05/29
  6. 2008/05/30
    mike devon

mike devon Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thank you all for such prompt and clear replies, will try all of them in order, much appreciated. Mike Devon