1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

ThunderBird is saving a ton of logfiles!

Discussion in 'Firefox, Thunderbird & SeaMonkey' started by floyd, 2008/04/10.

1. 2008/04/10
    floyd

floyd Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I use TB 2.0.0.12 with XP pro. In the TunderBird\profiles\****default\extensions\first of the list of extensions\logfiles\ folder, I have a bunch of logfiles for each day. There are about 20 of them and everyday a new set of 20 appear accumulating a ton of them. I go in and am able to delete manually all the ones previous to current days files with no ill effect saving me a bunch of HD space.
    What I would like to know is there anyway to limit the number of days it saves the logfiles for automatically? Maybe something in the options I am missing.
    Floyd

2. 2008/04/10
    Bmoore1129

Bmoore1129 Geek Member

Go to Tools/Options/Advanced/General/Config editor

In the Filter box enter extensions.logging.enabled

Then right click and click on toggle to false. Logging will stop.

You may have to restart TB for it to take.....

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/04/10
    Westside

Westside Inactive Alumni

Sometimes, things happen which make you wonder how they came about.
    I would have been at a loss to come up with an answer, as I have never seen extention's logfiles. And, I am using three different profiles.
    Could this be due to the type of extention?
    The path as given
    is unclear. Is this in the extention folder, and more specifically the first one (it does not matter if it is the first one or not). Each extention has a description like
    .Its chrome folder should tell which extention it is. All extention folders have, at least, a chrome folder, as well as default, components and more. But, I don't have a single logfile. And, my config.is as Bmoor said, indicating false.

5. 2008/04/11
    floyd

floyd Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I just found where I had logging enabled in the Webmail extension.
    Thanks again.
    Floyd

6. 2008/04/11
    Westside

Westside Inactive Alumni

More often than not some mysteries appear because of an extention. I don't have the Webmail extention. In fact, I don't even know what it is for, in TB.