1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

QoS packet scheduler

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by ReggieB, 2008/02/26.

1. 2008/02/26
    ReggieB

ReggieB Inactive Alumni Thread Starter

I've had a few instances of the "QoS packet scheduler" causing problems recently, both in networks I manage and in postings to this forum.

Networks that previously worked fine are having problems resolving network names. The typical behaviour I am seeing is that NSLOOKUP correctly resolves the name to an IP address, but PING reports back that it can't resolve the address. Other services, such as file sharing and browsing to intranets, fail due to this underlying name resolution problem.

The problem is fixed by removing the "QoS packet scheduler" from the Network connection properties.

This is happening to both new system and existing systems that previously worked without problem. I wonder if a recent update has had a detrimental knock on effect to the QoS packet scheduler!

Is anyone else seeing this?

2. 2008/02/26
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Removing QoS is one of the first things I do when setting up networking. I never had a reason to use it, nor do I know of any good use for it, so I cannot assist here.

3. to hide this advert.