1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Powerpoint Slideshow Music.

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by demon, 2008/01/10.

1. 2008/01/10
    demon

demon Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi, Hope some one can help me with this:
    Have made up a powerpoint slide show and added music to it and it works OK on my PC. but transfer it to another PC and the music won "t play. the music is on the stick/Disc as the file is the same size.
    I burnt it onto a disc in the 2nd PC and no sound but it will play sound when it is back in the PC that it was created on.
    It tells me the file ( in Properties) that it is a Read Only and it wont let you change that setting , it say's that it is protected. also it said that Media Player can,t play this file.
    Have tried several players but still the same.
    I didn't see any choices ( read only, archive )when I went to add the music . it has taken weeks to get the music to match the story , so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks Des.:(:(

2. 2008/01/10
    MinnesotaMike

MinnesotaMike Geek Member

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2008/01/11
    demon

Hi ,Thanks Mike , that looks like just the info I was after, it took a while to find the Make a CD link but it has fixed one presentation but the other one still won't let me do it , it keeps telling me that Media player can't recognise the music, they are all in WAV. form .
    I will try and make a file just of the music ( it has been matched to specific slides) and then add it, at the Make a CD point and see how we go. Thanks again Des.

5. 2008/01/11
    MinnesotaMike

Des,

You're welcome. Let us know if you get it working.

Mike

6. 2008/01/11
    demon

Hi, Mike , thanks a lot after doing it on the original PC that the sound was done on it copied to a disc OK, but still doesn't want to work when saved as a folder,????.
    But not a problem ,
    Thanks Heaps Cheers Des.:):)

7. 2008/01/12
    MinnesotaMike

Des,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you were able to find a way to get it to work. Have a good one.

Mike