1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Want to run XP SP2 and Vista 32-bit simultaneously!

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by CrunchDude, 2007/11/25.

1. 2007/11/25
    CrunchDude

CrunchDude Inactive Thread Starter

A while ago, I read in a forum that there is a way, with enough CPU power and RAM of course, to load both OS's and create the ability to switch between them without having to shut down one to boot the other. How can I accomplish this?

This would be highly useful for me. :)

Thank you.

2. 2007/11/25
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/11/25
    CrunchDude

CrunchDude Inactive Thread Starter

Coolness!!! :) So the best way to do it would be to have XP as the guest OS I suppose. Too bad it doesn't use both cores in a Core (2) Duo system. Oh, this will be fun...:D:D Thanks dude!

5. 2007/11/28
    VicRauch

VicRauch Inactive

I have been using Virtual PC but I use Vista as the guest OS. This is because I'm using XP and just working with Vista when I have the time to do so. 85% of my clients are still using XP, so I have Vista available when a client has a Vista question.

My money making job is as an Access database developer. I also wanted to start working with Access 2007, but after installing it on my XP machine, I found that after working in Access XP (2002) and then launching Access 2007 (or any other 2007 Office product), it would take 7 to 8 minutes for Office 2007 to "configure" itself. After running 2007 and returning to Office XP (2002), that would take from 2 to 3 minutes to "re-configure ". Then the next time I would open a 2007 Office product, it would be ANOTHER 7 to 8 minutes. Microsoft has stated to me that this is by "design "? Wow, what a messy "design" I called it "torture ". Anyway, by installing Virtual PC with Vista, then installing Office 2007 there, the switch from Access XP (2002) to Access 2007 is about 20 seconds. MUCH BETTER!