1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Server 2003 My Docs redirection

Discussion in 'Windows Server System' started by eannatone, 2007/11/07.

1. 2007/11/07
    eannatone

eannatone Inactive Thread Starter

We have all users redirecting their My Docs onto the server using the Small Business Server Standard Management MMC. It does not allow us to specify which people we do not want to have their my docs redirected. How can do this since it has already been enabled for all?

-Thanks

2. 2007/11/08
    eannatone

I guess not...
    What we decided to do is to just manually change the location of their my docs and see what happens.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/11/09
    blunam

blunam Inactive

This sounds like you have used the wizards to create a group policy which is setting the redirection. First i would say your logic is wrong. Use roaming profiles to capture the my docs (they can get bloody big these days) then use a group plocy for your office version to set the defualt save location for word/excel etc to the shared location on your server.

To sort out your redirection: grpoup polices are applied to groups (kind of really its assigned to OU's) so to deived that your users need to be in seperate OU's with the policy linked or not linked to th e OU. However SBS works best if you stick with the defaults so moving users around OS's destroys that. Which takes you back to where i started.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/232692

hope that makes sense.

Bill
    www.kinetics.co.nz

5. 2007/11/09
    eannatone

Those are great ideas. The problem is that we inherited this server and the 'Smart' previous IT group used all the wizards to do stuff.

6. 2007/11/09
    blunam

blunam Inactive

The you need to find the redirection Group policy and remove it then you would have to rediect manually for each user.

Bill
    www.kinetics.co.nz