1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Creating two accounts in Windows Mail

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by Hopkinsr, 2007/09/18.

1. 2007/09/18
    Hopkinsr

Hopkinsr Inactive Thread Starter

[FONT= "Times New Roman"][SIZE= "2"][/SIZE][/FONT]
    On my ISP I have 2 email accounts coming into two addresses ( "A" & "B "). In Outlook Express I had two Identities which I could switch back and forth and have two separate email files. Now Vista has done away with Outlook Express AND Identities in favor of Windows Mail (WM). If I configure WM for the two accounts, I have all the mail from A & B coming in all jumbled into one window.
    Without setting up two users in Windows, how can I create two accounts in WM which will keep mail from accounts A & B separate?
    Thank you!

2. 2007/09/18
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/09/18
    Tubby

Tubby Inactive

If I understand what you are wanting, try this. Right Click on the INBOX and set another Folder. Name this folder B. If you have two accounts already set, B could be your non-default, or the other way if you wish.

When you check mail,accounts will be separated. Forgot to tell you, you will need to go to TOOLS and set up your Message Rules to put B into the B folder.

You can use many email accounts this way. Create more folders under the INBOX and make message rules for each account.

5. 2007/09/19
    Hopkinsr

Thank you, PeteC for your suggestions. I tried setting up a new user but the result was inconvenient and the old mail eventually migrated back over to the "A" account making a mess.
    The second suggestion sounds like a paid program which accomplishes the same result as using the free message rules that Tubby suggested.
    Bob

6. 2007/09/19
    Hopkinsr

Thank you, Tubby, for your suggestion. I have tried it, and it works. I was not that familiar with the Message Rules, but after doing it, it was so simple that "Even a caveman could do it!" :D Thanks again,
    Bob