1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

[IE 7 will not display] online CNN video [links]

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by macinyart, 2007/05/31.

1. 2007/05/31
    macinyart

macinyart Inactive Thread Starter

Greetings all,
    I have been using IE 7 for months along with the required Windows Media Player to view free video on CNN. I don't know that I have changed anything, but IE will no longer display the free video links on CNN. I get just a gray screen in the video player. My machine meets all the requirements as listed by CNN plus I have reinstalled WMP 11, then rolled it back to WMP 10 without any change. I have changed settings in IE and in WMP 10 according to the directions in CNN....again all without success. I can live without the video from CNN but would rather now....and this issue is making me nuts just on general principle. Any help would be appreciated. Of course, I did all the usual things, defragmented the disk, emptied the temp files and then made the extreme call and downloaded and bought Registry Fix which in fact did help with the speed of the computer and stopped some other problems I had been noticing. Thanks in advance. Jack

2. 2007/06/01
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Jack

I can't help you specifically on this, but have edited your thread title to give more detail.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/06/06
    ephemarial

ephemarial Well-Known Member

Try this:
    If you have Norton 2007 with add on internet pack "“ disable ad blocking, pop up blocking.

Next if have IE 7 "“ go to tools- internet settings "“ tabs "“ settings "“ check: always open pop-ups in a new tab.

The default is: always open in a new window- that doesn’t seem to always work.

5. 2007/06/07
    macinyart

macinyart Inactive Thread Starter

[IE 7 will not display] online CNN

This is so cool. Your suggestions have fixed the problem. Further in what may be unintended consequences, my computer is running faster than it has in months. I had no idea that Norton was so intrusive and causing the applications to run so slowly. Upon reviewing the Norton settings they appear to be very desirable, but upon removing some of the functionality the whole machine seems refreshed. You can't imagine how pleased I am. Thanks very much. The video is opening in a new tab just fine. :) :)