1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

One white pixel on LCD

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by ralfska, 2007/02/14.

1. 2007/02/14
    ralfska

ralfska Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have discovered one white pixel on my laptop LCD. It always appears after the laptop has been on for at least 3 hours. I realize, this probably is not covered by warranty, but maybe there are ways to get rid of that white pixel.

Does anyone have experience in this particular matter?

2. 2007/02/14
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

I bought a laptop for a client once with the same phenomona, it had one "dead" pixel on the screen. I returned it and exchanged it for another. I was fortunate to notice it the first day. The screen should be under a warranty and the seller or manufacturer will change out the screen or compensate you IF the laptop is still under warranty. Check what your warranty states.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/02/15
    Rockster2U

Rockster2U Geek Member

This is somewhat dated but should provide you with a little more insight. Depending upon the manufacturer you may or may not have an arguement for getting this fixed.

;)

5. 2007/02/16
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

It depends per manufacturer. Although I doubt you'll get it replaced with 1 dead pixel.

For example, here is Samsung's stated policy: http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer...p?PG_ID=1&AT_ID=5608&PROD_SUB_ID=28&PROD_ID=0

ViewSonic has a better policy: http://www.viewsonic.com.au/kbase/article.php?id=5

which seems to me that up to 12 pixels 'could' be acceptible (if you have the bad luck they are spread over all the area's), but I think in practice this is quite a good policy.

Arie,