1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook Express always opening as partial window

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by freedda, 2007/02/11.

1. 2007/02/11
    freedda

freedda Inactive Thread Starter

When I'm in the Firefox browser and click on tools, read mail, Outlook Express opens. Lately, its been opening in a "Minimized" window, covering only about half my screen. It justed started doing this all of a sudden, when before it always opened in maximized view.

I've tried maximizing and reopening, opening Outlook by itself first and making full view and then trying again from Firefox, but nothing seems to change how Outlook is opening. Someone on Mozilla forum says this is problem from Windows/OE end, not in Firefox.

Hmmm, what's up here?

David.

2. 2007/02/11
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

Well, perhaps it never did open truely maximized. When you open it from Firefox, drag the edges of the OE window so that it fills your screen. Then close it and try opening it again using Firefox. It may be that it was always opening it this way without you realizing it and OE's normal window size got changed somehow so that it opens smaller now. Do you think this is a possibility?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2007/02/11
    freedda

freedda Inactive Thread Starter

That was it! thanks for the fix.

David.

5. 2007/02/12
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

You're welcome. Glad I could help. And, welcome to the board!:)