1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Event Viewer Error: 59 Source: Side By Side

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by lj50, 2006/10/10.

1. 2006/10/10
    lj50 Lifetime Subscription

lj50 SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member Thread Starter

In the System Log of the event viewer I'm getting errors everytime I try to use my Apple Software Update. Source: SideBySide, Type: Error, Event ID 59. General Activation Context failed for "C:\Program Files\Apple Update Software\Plugins\MSIInstallPlugin.dll.Manifest ". Reference error message: The Operation completed sucessfully. Source: SideBySide, Type: Error, Event ID 61. Syntax error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\Plugins\MSIInstallPlugin.dll.Manifest" on line 2. The required attribute version is missing from element assemblyidentity. Source: SideBySide Type: Error, Event ID 58. Syntax error in manifest policy "C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\Plugins\EXEInstallPlugin.dll.Manifest" on line 2. Source: SideBySide, Type Error, Event ID: 61 Syntax error in manifest policy "C:\Program Files\Apple Software Update\Plugins\EXEInstallPlugin.dll.Manifest" on line 2. The required attribute version is missing from element assemblyidentity. Anyone know how to correct this as I'm new to Apple Software Update because I only use the software for my new 30gig. iPod. Thank you in advance for any help on how to correct this problem.

lj50,
  2. 2006/10/10
    r.leale Lifetime Subscription

r.leale Well-Known Member

Side-by-side is used by Aperture I think. Have you downloaded anything to do with Aperture?

Roger

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/10/10

No I haven't downloaded anything.

lj50,
  5. 2006/10/13

It may have something to do with updates for either iTunes, iPod, or maybe Quicktime. When I click on Apple Software Update in the All Programs menu that is when I get the errors in the Event Viewer under th System Heading.

lj50,
  6. 2006/10/18

Well I'm stumped. I guess noone has an answer so I'll just have to live with it. Thank you r.leale for responding.

lj50,