1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Double sided printing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by glynmaggs, 2002/01/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2002/01/14
    glynmaggs

glynmaggs Inactive Thread Starter

Hi, I’ve upgraded my PC and now have windows XP whereas previously I had win 98. I use a HP Deskjet 695C printer and now find that I can only use the driver provided in XP. It works ok except I no longer can print on both sides of a sheet. HP are no help saying double sided printing is no longer supported and I’ve tried all the fixes in XP to try to get the old driver to install. Any ideas please?
    Regards, Glyn

2. 2002/01/19
    Bursley

Bursley Well-Known Member Alumni

Without a driver that supports duplexing, it probably can't be done. Does HP have an updated driver for this printer or are they going to stick using the XP driver?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2002/01/21
    glynmaggs

glynmaggs Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks Eric, it appears that HP are sticking with the XP driver but I have just solved the problem by using Fineprint. It supports double sided printing on my deskjet 695C and I would think it would work with other printers also. May be worth a try for others stuck with the same problem.
    Glyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.