1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Outlook 2003 Can't find news button.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by schmelz, 2006/02/20.

1. 2006/02/20
    schmelz Lifetime Subscription

schmelz Inactive Thread Starter

I have Outlook 2003 v11.8002.6568 sp2 and I set the news in the GO index just like it says to do. Everything was fine till I shut down the news reader and then tried to go to it again. News is not listed in the Go index and I can not find it anywhere. It is not in the customize menu anymore and I can not figure where it went or how to get it back. Any help will be much appreciated.

Jeff Schmelzer

2. 2006/02/21
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/02/21

Thank you Arie !! That fixed the problem. Great help.

Jeff

5. 2006/02/21
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Your welcome. Had that same problem a few months back.

Arie,
  6. 2006/03/04

As a follow up I found that my news button was gone again! I finally traced it to the box that comes up when you start news. The box says that Outlook is not your default news reader and would you like it to be. If you click yes the next time you try to open news the news is gone from the menu. I just made OE my default news reader again and all is well. This might help someone who loses news button after regaining it. Don't check the box and you will have no problems.