1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Computer monitoring software

Discussion in 'Other PC Software' started by steadfast17, 2006/01/05.

1. 2006/01/05
    steadfast17

steadfast17 Inactive Thread Starter

im looking for a good (freeware if possible) software program that will allow to monitor stuff like aol/aim messenger and other messengers, possibly even internet websites visited and other such stuff that happens on a computer when u cant physicaly monitor it urself. my grandma keeps foster kids and needs to be able to do it and the only free ware program i can think of is a key logger but those are too hard to go back and decipher a conversation or anything only seeing one side of it and such

2. 2006/01/06
    mattman

mattman Inactive Alumni

For website restriction, a program like NetNanny would be the best (there are a lot of similar programs). Using Win XP pro you could set restrictions that could only be set by an administrator.

Restrictions (monitoring?) on messengers may be hard. The person using the messenger service could say the same thing, face to face, in private, so what would be the point?

Matt

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2006/01/06
    Dennis L Lifetime Subscription

Dennis L Inactive Alumni

Naomi 2.9 - family-safe internet
    Additional suggestions ...
    Keep computer in a "highly visible family area ".
    Keep kids in a "guest level account ".
    Keep A/V and OS up to date.

5. 2006/01/06
    steadfast17

steadfast17 Inactive Thread Starter

ty for the help i greatly appreciate it and i'll go ahead and install it for her tomorrow