1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

How to put company logo in signature block

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by maureen, 2005/11/18.

1. 2005/11/18
    maureen

maureen Inactive Thread Starter

Can one of you experienced users out there please tell me where to find instructions on how to create a signature block for emails which includes the company logo?

I can't really tell if it's a stationery function or a signature block function or a template function, but when I have chosen to create a new stationery and put the image in, it tiles the image -- this won't work. I've tried creating an htm file and word file with the logo for signatures, but not having any success.

I'm working with two different versions of outlook, 2000 and 2003. I know there's big differences between the two. Since we plan to convert everyone to 2003, maybe that would be the place to start.

any help would be appreciated!

tks
    - maureen

2. 2005/11/18
    Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones SuperGeek Staff

Your question reminded me that I've been meaing to do the exact same thing.

I edit my current signature and simply pasted a copy of the company logo from an email into it and Boom, all done.

The image needs to be small...

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/11/18
    Steve R Jones

Well shoot.....

I copied the image from an email the boss had sent out. Come to find out, the steps I mentioned ony worked "if" I left the original email open. Went and asked the boss and she pointed out that she has since quit using the image cause it would disappear for her too....

I'm going to keep trying...

5. 2005/11/18
    Steve R Jones

In the edit a signature, if you right click you'll see an option to Insert Image. This seems to be working on my Outlook 2003 machine...

6. 2005/11/18
    maureen

maureen Inactive Thread Starter

Steve

I wasn't having any luck following your suggestions either. I finally went and got a laptop with 2003 on it, and it still didn't work.

However, you seem to have found the trick -- it's not a displayed option, but it is available on right click. Good find!! it seems to be working here now too.

I'll have to find a safe place to park the logo so that its link is permanently available. I'm playing around with it now, messing with colors. If I find any more discoveries in my experimenting which might be valuable, I'll post back.

Thanks, Steve!

7. 2005/11/25
    Mark Hein

Mark Hein Inactive

Maureen,
    While I haven't used Outlook in a while, I would think that you could make the signature mentioned your default sig.
    As to including the company logo I would recommend getting a good copy of the graphic in question ( "save" it from your company's web site, for instance) and resizing it with a free program like Infraview.
    Then if you are familiar with HTML coding or have access to a WYSIWYG program (there are lots of decent free ones on the Net) simply create your signature and point Outlook to it making it either your default (which means you are sending HTML E-Mails all the time and have setup Outlook to do so) or as an optional signature (which means that you have set Outlook to NOT automatically sign you mail, but that you must "Sign" it each time).
    Have fun with it

Last edited: 2005/11/25
  8. 2005/11/26
    Rista

Rista Well-Known Member

Customizing Outlook 2003

Hi Folks,

How about looking in HERE for some really invigourating know-how on signatures.

Regards - Rista

9. 2005/12/24
    Zykan

Zykan Inactive