1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Hyperlinks in Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by LeslieBeach, 2005/09/09.

1. 2005/09/09
    LeslieBeach

LeslieBeach Inactive Thread Starter

I've been using Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6408 SP1) for several years and have always had a problem creating email and web address hyperlinks in my messages. To do this I have to open up Word, type the address and let Word covert it to a hyperlink, then copy/paste it back into my Outlook message. Also, after sending a message with hyperlinks, it inserts the word HYPERLINK then duplicates the email or web address. There must be a cleaner way of sending email and web hyperlinks but I haven't found it. I've researched the Outlook Knowledge Base to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. :confused: Thanks!!!

2. 2005/09/09
    Newt

Newt Inactive

If you key in a URL and send the email, how does the person receiving it see the URL? I'm assuming you want them to have a link they can just click on.

What mail format options are you using? See attached picture below:

Attached Files:

Newt,

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/09/11
    LeslieBeach

LeslieBeach Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks Newt!

I changed the message format to Compose Messages in HTML, as your graphic indicated, and that seems to work. I knew it was a setting I just wasn't finding! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

5. 2005/09/12
    Newt

Newt Inactive

Good to hear and thanks for the update.

Newt,