1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

OLK11 Hidden Folder

Discussion in 'Microsoft Mail (Outlook / OE / Windows Mail)' started by Gemo, 2005/08/22.

1. 2005/08/22
    Gemo

Gemo Inactive Thread Starter

I cannot see the folder OLK11 in Explorer. I have set the folder view options to show all hidden and system folders but I still can't see the folder.

The path is C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK11

OLK11 is apparently the folder where Outlook stores its attachment/files and I saved a file there but now I can't get access to it.

The only way I can see this folder is to open a doc from my Outlook email and then do a "Save As" and then the OLK11 directory is accessed but I can't get to that folder to open/move this saved file.

What do I have to do see/open this file?

Gemo,
  2. 2005/08/22
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Try ....

In IE > Tools > Internet Options > General tab > Temporary Internet Files > Settings > View Files - do you see the file?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/08/23
    Gemo

Gemo Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply PeteC.

I can see all my temp Internet files but not the doc I'm looking for, nor the OLK11 folder where the doc is saved.

I heard from someone else that the OLK11 directory is actually imbedded in Outlook's pst file and not accessable - but I'm still hoping there is some special way to see this folder.

Gemo,
  5. 2005/08/23
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Hmm - wrong forum - I rather assumed we were speaking of OE :) Moved.

6. 2005/08/23
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

When you do this, can you see the files you've saved before? If so, try right clicking on one of them and select cut. Then using windows explorer, browse to the folder you want to put it in and then right click on a blank spot in the right pane and select paste. It's just a shot in the dark but it may work.