1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Clearing Google Search Window

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by jersal, 2005/06/21.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005/06/21
    jersal

jersal Inactive Thread Starter

My IPS, Intergate.com, has a Google search window, which i use daily. It is getting so full of entries it's getting to be a pain. Besides, I like to keep things private. Is there a way I can clear the Google Search window? I downloaded a free software called goodelete but it kept saying I didn't have google on the toobar, so I gave that up.

Also, is there a way to clear the address window in Internet Explorer?

Jerry

2. 2005/06/21
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

jersal--For Google, immediately to the right of word Google on your toolbar there should be a little down arrow. Click on it and click "Clear Search History ".
    For IE, click IE Tools|Internet Options|General tab|Clear History.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/06/21
    jersal

Google Problem

Jim, Google is not on my Toolbar. There is a Google search window in the Intergate.com start page. there is no way to clear the window by right clicking the the window.

Jerry

5. 2005/06/21
    Dez Bradley

Dez Bradley Inactive

Try this as it works on most autocompleted fields on the web.

Click on the space that reveals the previous history of searches that you are talking about.

Point to them (the previous search entries) one at a time and when selected hit "delete" on your keyboard. Might be tedious but it works. You can just hit delete repeatedly after you have pointed to the first one, and it will clear them all one by one. Or you can selectively delete them.

You can clear the history in Internet Explorer, but that will clear everything and not jsut what you want cleared.

6. 2005/06/22
    jersal

Hey, Dez, It Worked!!!

You guys and gals are remarkable. I highlighted one of the searches and held the delete key down and bingo, it started it's scroll and deleted everyone of them in seconds.

Thank you so much. Whew!!!

Jerry

7. 2005/06/22
    Dez Bradley

Dez Bradley Inactive

Glad i could help.

No need for the praise. I am only the best. hahaha

Cheers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.