1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Clock Not Remembering Time!

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by jordoe28, 2005/05/06.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005/05/06
    jordoe28

jordoe28 Inactive Thread Starter

I am running Windows 98 on a 2.98GB (of memory) computer. Everytime I turn off the computer the clock stops with it! Say for example I turned the computer off at 3:40pm on May 1 and two days later I turned the computer back on, the clock would start running from 3:40pm on May 1st even though its really 9:00am on May3rd (example)

Any help to fixing this problem would be appreciated as it is quite annoying to keep re setting it.

2. 2005/05/06
    JohnB Lifetime Subscription

JohnB Well-Known Member

Sounds like the battery on the motherboard that retains the BIOS settings, including time, has died. Open your computer case and you should see a round silver battery about the size of a quarter on the motherboard. Get the number off it and purchase a new one. Number should be CR2032 or something similar. Costs only a couple of dollars.

Make sure you ground yourself out on the metal portion of the cabinet when poking around inside the computer.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/05/07
    jordoe28

jordoe28 Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. That was in fact the problem! :)

5. 2005/05/07
    JohnB Lifetime Subscription

JohnB Well-Known Member

Pleased to hear your problem is solved and thanks for posting back. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.