1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Mapped drives losing connection

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by w.young, 2005/05/05.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005/05/05
    w.young

w.young Inactive Thread Starter

I have a Windows XP Pro Pc connected to my network that has a Windows 2000 Server as the DC. I have a Windows NT Server also on the network.
    On my Windows XP Pro Pc, I have a mapped drive to the DC and to the WIndows NT box. both connections I loose at times.
    The user gets this message;
    "P:/ is not accessible. The system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you. "

The only way to reconnect is to have the XP Pc user log off then log back in.
    Now I have other WIndows 2000 Pro users on the network connected to the same mapped drives and no issues what so ever for them.

Need Help
    Thanks.
    Bill

2. 2005/05/05
    Scott Smith

Scott Smith Inactive Alumni

For starters:

Use Registry Editor to increase the default time-out period. To do this, follow these steps, and then quit Registry Editor: 1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit (Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003) or type regedt32 (Windows NT 4.0), and then click OK.
    2. Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ lanmanserver \ parameters

3. In the right pane, click the autodisconnect value, and then on the Edit menu, click Modify. If the autodisconnect value does not exist, follow these steps: a. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click REG_DWORD.
    b. Type autodisconnect, and then press ENTER.

4. Click Hexadecimal.
    5. In the Value data box, type ffffffff, and then click OK.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297684

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/05/06
    w.young

w.young Inactive Thread Starter

should I do this on the workstation also or just the server.?

5. 2005/05/06
    Scott Smith

Scott Smith Inactive Alumni

Just the workstation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.