1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Exchange mail backup.

Discussion in 'General Internet' started by yohoookevin, 2005/04/18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005/04/18
    yohoookevin

yohoookevin Inactive Thread Starter

Hi, i have too many of company exchange emails in the "inbox ". How do i move and back emails from the company server to my local drive? I heard that i can create a auto backup for every week, but i don't know how. Any help there? thanks.

2. 2005/04/19
    Hulka

Hulka Inactive

Create Personal Folders within Outlook and move any messages you'd like saved there. I'm assuming you are using MS Outlook as your mail client since you're using Exchange on the back end.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/04/19
    yohoookevin

That is great. But do i have to move emails manually every times? or can i do it automatically?

5. 2005/04/20
    Hulka

Hulka Inactive

You have a couple different options here.

1. Create Rule(s)
      You can set a rule or rules to process incoming messages based on the criteria you set and have the message(s) moved to a folder within your personal folders. This type of rule is client side so the mail will only move when Outlook is running.
    2. Set to AutoArchive
      You can right click on a folder within your mailbox, and on the AutoArchive tab you can specify messages to be moved to your Personal Folder based on age.
    3. Change delivery location
      In Tools -> Services you will find a tab called "Delivery ". On this tab change the drop down menu Deliver new mail to the following location to your personal folders. This will move ALL your mail to your Personal Folders removing it from the server immediately. This is client side so the mail will only move when Outlook is running.

Take your pick from the above options and I, or anyone else that'd like to offer suggestions, can answer any questions you have. :cool:

Last edited: 2005/04/20
  6. 2005/04/20
    yohoookevin

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.