1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Double-sided printing in Win-XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Aubrey Little, 2005/04/17.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2005/04/17
    Aubrey Little

Aubrey Little Inactive Thread Starter

I have an HP DeskJet 710C printer which I've used on a Win-98SE computer. In the Printer Properties - Features a user could select two-sided printing by clicking on 'Book'. I have just acquired a Win-XP computer (Dell) and there is NO setting available for double-sided printing. The Properties - General tab displays 'Double-sided: No'. HP reports that my Win-XP computer is using their latest 710C driver - no help with the two-sided printing question. Anybody have any thoughts as to why the feature would be available under Win98SE but not under Win-XP ???, or how I can solve the problem ??? Many thanks.

2. 2005/04/17
    ski123

ski123 Inactive

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2005/04/17
    ski123

ski123 Inactive

5. 2005/04/19
    Aubrey Little

Aubrey Little Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks ski123, your reply is very much appreciated.

One of the responses in your last recommended work-around (windowsbbs t=558) mentioned FINEPRINT, which I promptly downloaded. It solved the double-sided printing - a few extra instructions than two-sided printing on Win-98SE but nothing that one cannot get used to in short order. Beats having to list and print the odd pages and then list and print the even pages.

6. 2005/04/29
    Shmuel

Shmuel Inactive

Double-sided printing in Win-XP: HP 710

If you can 'print' the documents of interest into a .pdf format [look for an option to add to your Word application at Adobe or you may have the Distiller application], as far as I know (it works for me), you can print the resultant .pdf file to your printer as 'odd' and 'even' pages simply by stating so (in the print window). You will need to extract the pages from your printer after the first pass, and set them into the pritner in the correct order (first or last page printed first as a choice in the collating option...).

Try it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.