1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Trouble synchronizing Netscape webmail with Outlook Express & Outlook 2000

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by wedge, 2004/10/14.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/10/14
    wedge

wedge Inactive Thread Starter

Recently had several problems with Netscape Mail (running netscape 7.2), involving corrupted mail files, etc. Have decided to try using Outlook Express as my mail client to synch with my Netscape webmail. Managed to port my local Netscape mail files (Local Folders) to Outlook Express by going via Netscape Communicator 4.8, but can't seem to get Outlook to synch with my webmail Inbox (nor Netscape Communicator 4.8 for that matter!). I have set up the following in Outlook Express for my Netscape account:

Incoming Mail (IMAP): imap.mail.netserver.com (Port 143)
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP): smtp.netscape.net (Port 25)
    Server Timeouts: 3 minutes

I put in my normal username and password.

When I try to synch the connection timesout. I can't find anything to help with this in either Netscape's help pages, or the bulletin boards. What am I doing wrong?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 2004/10/20
    wedge

wedge Inactive Thread Starter

Saw posting about proprietary Netscape format

Pity...Netscape is supposed to support open source development. Looks like it doesn't support open source use in this case.

If anyone has a workaround, would love to hear it.

Thanks. :confused:

Last edited: 2004/10/20

3. to hide this advert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.