1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Email with Yahoo! now on right click menu

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by IceWine, 2004/07/05.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/07/05
    IceWine

IceWine Inactive Thread Starter

When I right click on any desktop icon, I now see an option to "Email with Yahoo! "

How did this get on my menu and how do I remove it??

Is there a way to customize this menu to remove items??

Thanks for your help.

2. 2004/07/05
    Daizy

Daizy Inactive

Take a gander through add/remove. Have you installed the Yahoo companion or some such?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/07/05
    Zander

Zander Geek Member Alumni

5. 2004/07/05
    IceWine

Yahoo Mail uninstall problem

Wow, I found Yahoo Internet Mail in my Add/Remove programs list but when I tried to remove it, the screen just flashed and would not allow me to remove it. I am guessing I am not the only one with this problem. Apparently Yahoo silently installs this program during a Yahoo chat installation. Lovely.

Anyways, I have done some research and have been able to remove it so if anyone else has this problem I am willing to share the secret to get rid of the pesky thing.

I am so frustrated by these companies that silently install things on MY system without MY permission.

Thanks all for your advice here,
    IceWine

6. 2004/07/05
    Daizy

Daizy Inactive

Go ahead and post your secret IceWine
    Others come to this board and use the search feature. It will most definately help someone else.

7. 2004/07/05
    IceWine

Removing Yahoo! Internet Mail

When you try to remove Yahoo! Internet mail with Add/Remove programs, the screen flashes and the program doesn't uninstall.

Here's what to do:
    Log onto your Yahoo mail account online. Click on the "enable Autocomplete" link or image (doesn't work in Mozilla, only IE). Follow the steps to install Yahoo! Autocomplete and once it has installed you may now return to the Add/Remove programs dialog and uninstall Yahoo! Internet Mail and then uninstall Autocomplete as well.

Geek Reason (didn't come from me): Problem is due to the file regsvr32 which cannot use the ymapi.dll file correctly. It cannot insatall or uninstall and all it does is haveregsvr32 execute which is why you get the screen flash only.

It worked perfectly for me! Hope it helps somebody else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.