1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Quick Launch not there

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by megz_027, 2004/06/30.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/06/30
    megz_027

megz_027 Inactive Thread Starter

HI, can someone help me with my problem. My quick lanhc just disappeared. When I try to get it back (by right-clicking on the taskbar and choosing Toolbars, then Quick Lanch) I get a message : "Cannot Create Toolbar ". Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks.

2. 2004/06/30
    mirror

mirror Inactive

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/07/01
    goddez1

goddez1 Inactive

Hello Megz,

Have you tried a reboot?

For the persons more inclined towards "lazy" (I fall into this category :) ) and less inclined towards "manual ", if mirrors ms references didn't help guide you toward your fix a much easier repair tool may help. Give this a shot and it should fix you right up:

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

Also notice a little further down the Kellys page is another option for a repair. You shouldn't have a problem finding it. Kellys is a time tried and trusted site. His links and solutions are often used here.

Last edited: 2004/07/01
  5. 2004/07/01
    Johanna

Johanna Inactive Alumni

Did you ever wonder why Kelly Theriot's site is so comprehensive and accurate? Kelly is a woman!

:D :D :D
    Johanna

6. 2004/07/28
    Sharptooth

Sharptooth Inactive

I tried everything

I had the same problem with my Quick Launch Bar not showing on a reboot. I tried everything and I searched and searched and everybody said to go to kelley's. I done that too. Checking the box "show quick launch" didn't do a thing except put it back and then reboot, it's gone again. I finally format my computer to get it back. I just wonder if reinstalling Service Pack 1 would have fixed it?

7. 2004/07/28
    Johanna

Johanna Inactive Alumni

We never heard back from the original poster, so I don't know if our reference to Kelly's site worked. I don't think a reinstall of an SP would have helped, but a System File Check (sfc/ scannow) would have been my next suggestion, certainly before a reinstall- whether a repair or a reformat.

Johanna

8. 2004/07/29
    MinnesotaMike

MinnesotaMike Geek Member

Sharptooth,

I had the same problem and ran across a fix for me. I found the answer on the Microsoft newsgroup and it was posted by Kelly Theriot. Along with the taskbar fix, listed in another post below, there is a manual fix given. This worked for me.

Using Regedit, navagate to HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon. In the right pane, scroll down to Userinit and change the value to C:\Windows\System32\Userinit.exe.

I applied this change and rebooted twice and my quick launch stayed on the taskbar. Sorry you had to format your system. Maybe you can just keep this tip handy in case the gremlin returns.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.