1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

EMail being sent are broken up into several e-mails when received

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by larsonjean, 2004/04/20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/04/20
    larsonjean

larsonjean Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I have a friend who is sending out messages that has been forwarded to him by another friend.

When I (and other people) receive his message, instead of coming to us as one message it is broken down into several messages.

When I received his latest message (the first one), subject: Fw: Snow & Ice Festival of 2003...Harbin, China amazing!! ATT0003.jpg [1/9], it was totally blank but in the Attachment box it showed the word "attachment ". I tried to open it but, of course it would not open as there was no extension with the word.

I also received 8 more messages with the same subject except for each message said [2/9], [3/9], etc. and Attachment box, saying "Attachment. "

I also received another email from him and this message was broken up into four different messages but couldn't open anything.

Can you please tell me what the problem is. When he sends the message it is one e-mail message. Why is it being broken up into many different messages and still cannot be opened to see anything.

Thanks for the help.

Jean

2. 2004/04/20
    Daizy

Daizy Inactive

You've got to wait for all the pieces to come in...and let Outlook express merge the pieces back together.

In short....just wait for all the pieces to come in before trying to open any of them.

*edit* See here.

Last edited: 2004/04/20

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/04/21
    larsonjean

larsonjean Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hi Daizy,

Thanks for a quick reply.

My friend did find out that there was a checkmark in:
    "Break apart messages larger than" in the Tools, Accounts Advanced settings. He removed it and now the messages are being sent in one email. We didn't know that this setting ever existed or how it got changed in the first place.

Thanks again for your excellent help.

Jean

5. 2004/04/21
    Daizy

Daizy Inactive

You're most welcome!:)
    Thanks for posting back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.