1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Cannot Print From Internet Explorer or Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer & Microsoft Edge' started by DUSTERPILOT, 2004/04/17.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2004/04/17
    DUSTERPILOT

DUSTERPILOT Inactive Thread Starter

Toshiba Laptop. Win XP home. Internet Explorer 6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0 (all updates).
    A friend has this laptop and cannot print from either IE or OE. They 'see' the printer in 'page setup' but get NOTHING (not even an error message) when she tries to 'print preview' or 'Print'. The Print options (print one page, etc) NEVER come up.
    Anyone seen this problem before and if so, did they solve their problem?

Dusterpilot

2. 2004/04/18
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

DUSTERPILOT--Any error messages? Is this something new? (Was your friend able to print from IE/OE before?) Was any new software/hardware installed just prior to the problem?
    If this is new, use System Restore? Or reinstall printer?
    I ran a search on www.google.com and came up with
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q="Cannot+Print+From+Internet+Explorer"+IE6
    The same search without IE6 produced many more hits, but perhaps not applicable
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q="Cannot+Print+From+Internet+Explorer"
    You can see the reasons can be many.

Last edited: 2004/04/18

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2004/04/19
    DUSTERPILOT

DUSTERPILOT Inactive Thread Starter

The only thing she can remember is she downloaded 'AdAware', installed it and ran it. She deleted all the files AdAware saw. She says she didn't like it so she uninstalled it. I think it was about then she thinks that the problem began.
    As to the error messages, I tried it for her and I could not get even a 'Print Review' picture. And NO error messages....????? It just looks like it doesn't recognize the fact that someone might want to print a web page or email.
    P.S. I gave up and did a reinstall of XP. It runs fine now. But I'm still puzzled.......And I'll probably continue my search because I've heard of this type of thing before.

Thanks for the search,
    Dusterpilot

5. 2004/04/19
    Welshjim

Welshjim Inactive

DUSTERPILOT--Thanks for keeping us up to date. And glad to hear all is well.
    Your friend perhaps should not have been so compulsive about deleting everything that AdAware "found ". AdAware provide for a quarantine of what it feels is spyware, so that the spyware is disabled, but it can be restored if needed. By getting rid of AdAware, of course, that opportunity was lost. And depending on how AdAware was uninstalled, that could have caused problems, too.
    P.S. AdAware is a simple and useful program for detecting spyware, of which there is so much these days. I would not be without it. Wonder what your friend did not like about AA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.