1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Windows Updates Will Not Install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TerryFox, 2016/04/24.

1. 2016/04/24
    TerryFox Lifetime Subscription

TerryFox Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I'm having the same problems . Just getting the updates take for ever . Anyone know why Microsoft update site is acting this way ? Thanks

2. 2016/04/24
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi TerryFox. I would first Perform a clean boot in Windows and see if the same issue occurs.

Did this problem happen recently or has it been going on for a while? Do the Windows Updates eventually install successfully?

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/04/25

Hi... My first install of 7 went good but once I try getting the MS Updates that took forever and when I did finally get them the install part fail which cause Windows to revert back. So instead of waiting to remove those updates I just swapped the hard drive out of the PC and did a reformat. Then I did the Windows installation part again and this time around I didn't install all the updates all at once but rather a few at a time . And, I made sure this time around to de select all the Net framework updates until I first got all the Security updates and Windows Updates . Now I'm good with all the Updates . I think its best to install those Net Framework Updates last one version at a time.... Thanks

5. 2016/04/25
    Evan Omo

Ok, so would you consider this thread resolved then?

6. 2016/04/25

My problem is but I'm still curious to know why Microsoft update site is acting up? thanks

7. 2016/04/25
    Evan Omo

Well it could be that certain Windows Updates need to be installed first before others will install successfully. Plus running Windows Update on a clean install of Windows 7 takes a long time and I've seen it take many hours just to search for new updates.

Once Windows 7 has all the latest patches installed, Windows Update shouldn't take a long time anymore to run. It also depends on how fast your computer is as well. If you have a lot of junk programs running in the background then that could be one reason why Windows Update would take longer to run.

You can also look at this link which will explain why Windows Update can take a long time, Why is checking Windows Update so slow?

8. 2016/04/25

Well in my case I'm getting this problem just after doing a clean installation and the only software which is installed is my anti-virus . Though I have notice this problem started ever since Windows 10 came around. My windows 10 PC doesn't have this problem . The 10 PC has a i7 processor and my 7 has a i5 .... both have 8gb ram and 64bit . No gamer or any heavy amount of software installed. Oh yeah, thanks for the link

Last edited: 2016/04/25
  9. 2016/04/26
    Evan Omo

You are welcome. :) Are you satisfied with the conclusion of this thread?

10. 2016/04/28

Yes, thank you