1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

NVidia NVS Series problems

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by rsinfo, 2016/02/14.

1. 2016/02/14
    rsinfo

rsinfo SuperGeek Alumni Thread Starter

One of my clients is into display of advertisements on screens in shows. He has used NVS 510 for driving 3 projectors for display on a single big screen. He can get the picture but the picture thrown by the centre projector is good, but not by the other 2 projectors. They have a grey cast over the pictures. If individual projectors are used, the picture is ok.

I have swapped the projectors, the graphic card, the OS (Win7/Win8/Win10), the graphic driver & even the computer but no joy. I have also not been able to find any such incident on web. Any ideas ?

2. 2016/02/14
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2016/02/14
    rsinfo

He is using the software for blending, but the problem is there even without it !

5. 2016/02/14
    rsinfo

6. 2016/02/15
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Have him search support at immersaview, probably the Portal link w/ login.

7. 2016/02/15
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Without the software is where I really get confused. Without the software, the projectors should not even know which is center, for one.

What if all 3 show the same image?

I agree with Tony and contact Immersaview only accidently forget to mention the problem exists without their software installed.

You said you also swapped graphics cards - was that with a totally different card, or another of the same model?

Bill,
  8. 2016/02/15
    rsinfo

Immarsaview is only used for stitching the pictures together. The card itself can drive upto 4 displays at the same time.

The problem is the same even when all the projectors show the same image.

I swapped the card with NVS 300 with 2 projectors but one image always has grey cast over it.

The problem is the same with or without Immarsaview.

9. 2016/02/15
    Bill

Then if me, I would find an AMD card to swap in and see what happens. The problem with swapping in another NVIDIA card is you end up using the same suite of drivers. And what I have seen happen is files and settings are "stuck" and may not be overwritten or reset, but simply checked to see if present. If corrupt, they remain corrupt.

So the way to ensure they are totally overwritten and/or reset is to install a totally different GPU, graphics chipset and associated driver suite by going from NVIDIA to AMD, or AMD to NVIDIA.

If it does the same thing with an AMD card, then you have gremlins! Period! (And I say that because you have tried a totally different computer too).

If the AMD card clears it, then I would reverse the process and install the NVIDIA card - again totally overwriting files and resetting settings.

Note I have done this [changing brands] process successfully with "sticky" network and sound cards too.

One more thing out of curiosity - what happens if you connect regular monitors? I have no clue what that would have to do with anything, but maybe projectors behave differently some how than normal monitors.

Bill,
  10. 2016/02/15
    rsinfo

Don't have access to AMD card right now neither I know which card to go for. Nvidia NVS series cards are made for multi display but don't know if AMD/ATI has such a range.

Normal monitors also behave in same manner.

11. 2016/02/16
    Arie

Arie Administrator Administrator Staff

Did you swap projectors too? i.e. determine if it's the (same 2) projector's with the grey overcast?

12. 2016/02/16
    rsinfo

I didn't swap the projector but swapped left & right & center. Still the same problem.

13. 2016/02/17
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

I have found that when using multiple monitors/projectors one MUST use the manufacterer software to control the display settings. It's possible that Windows display settings applet is interfering or altering the video signals that get passed. For example, nvidia installs a nvidia control panel applet where settings are managed. Check the color settings there and compare to the windows display applet. And verify that immersaview is hooked to the nvidia settings and not the windows settings.

14. 2016/02/17
    rsinfo

Would try that TonyT.

15. 2016/02/17
    Bill

What? I am confused. I NEVER use manufacture's software beyond the necessary card drivers. Windows has always (since XP) supported multi-monitor setups just fine.

I personally can't live with just one monitor - no matter how big it is. The only problem I have had is Windows (or my card or both) forgetting which is the primary monitor. Also, setting up unique backgrounds and taskbars with multimonitor setups can be a challenge too. So a multi-monitor utility can come in handy for that. My favorite is UltraMon "“ not free, but worth it. Others have suggested the free DisplayFusion, but I have no experience with it.

Since you see this with normal monitors, I don't see what swapping projectors will accomplish.

16. 2016/02/18
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

I should clarify, I always have used the manufacturer applet to control projectors. In some cases, the only way I could get a laptop and a projector to control what was on each screen was to use the manufacturer applet. These software usually many more features and settings than the default windows display applet, as well as more color properties settings.

17. 2016/02/18
    Bill

Ah! Thanks from that. And from a notebook, I can see where that makes sense.

But I did not get the impression that this was a notebook because he said "computer" - though me assuming could be getting me into trouble again and of course a notebook is a computer too.

I also thought PC because he said he swapped graphics cards and also said he swapped "computers ". While some notebooks do have discrete cards that can be swapped out, most notebooks don't, and those cards are not your everyday PCIe cards. Plus, the NVS 510 I found was a card.

Still, I have little and no recent experience with multiple projectors, so I'm not sure I am of any value here in any case.

That said, this sounds like a setting somewhere so maybe if there is specific software for this "workstation" graphics card, maybe it needs to be installed to change the card's default settings. There is "Display Wall" documentation through that link above might be worth checking out.

18. 2016/02/18
    rsinfo

You are right Bill. It's a desktop - AMD 6 core.

I am trying to get the client to send me the photo of the projection so that you can get a better idea of what I am talking about.

19. 2016/02/18
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

Bill, you may have missed this above. He has software called Immersaview warp. It's a pricey package that takes the 3 projected displays and blends them onto one screen. Think 'Hollywood movie studio" or "state of the art billboard ". Overlapping images and video, into a unique presentation.

20. 2016/02/18
    rsinfo

Yes TonyT, Immersaview Wrap is a blending software for blending 2 or more displays into one [giant] screen.

21. 2016/02/19
    Bill

Thanks Tony, but no, I didn't miss that. Perhaps you missed in Post #3 where he said the problem is there without the binding software installed?