1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

2012R2 VPN & DC on same network config

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by Ebmm, 2016/02/12.

1. 2016/02/12
    Ebmm

Ebmm Member Thread Starter

Hello all, bare w/ me as I am fairly new to networking. What I have is a DC for my network w/ only AD/DS, DHCP, File, and DNS (1 NIC). Also a VPN server on the same network w/ two NICS, both are 2012R2. What I am trying to accomplish is for the VPN client(s) to have access to files on the network, shared by a third machine (Win 10), on the same network as both servers. This is something I've never done before, eager to learn, but I'm getting hung up when it comes to the DHCP part, using the DC DHCP or the need for a relay. Can the DC (already the networks DHCP) act as a relay or do I need a third server, or do I need a relay at all? The VPN states I need to config a relay (may have been the way I config'd the VPN) but again, I have never done this. I'm aware that the VPN server can act as it's own DHCP but that would be too easy, to be honest. I'm wanting to learn as much as I can that is common in the enterprise world, where someday, I hope to be employed.

What do I need to do here? Just a direction, and I'll figure out the rest, I hope.

A couple notes. This is not a virtual network but I do have another 2012R2 in Hyper-V if needed.

Thx so much!
    Ebmm

Ebmm,