1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Random differences of actions in Win-10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by fdamp, 2016/02/06.

1. 2016/02/06
    fdamp

fdamp Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Does anyone get random differences when using Win-10? I'm on Comcast for my internet service, which may have some influence.

I use my lap-top for short periods throughout the day, maybe 10-20 minutes on and 20 or 30 minutes with the lid closed. Sometimes it re-awakens at the place it was at when I closed the lid. Other times it's back at my opening page and from time to time it reboots from the Dell page, requiring an input of my password.

These opening styles seem to be independent of how long it's had the lid closed.

Any ideas?

2. 2016/02/06
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Frank, have you arranged all the settings you want/need in Control Panel > Power Options > ?
    You can set it to Lock - need Password from Sleep - Turn off screen etc, etc.
    You can spend quite some time in Power Options getting things set the way you want/need. ;) Neil.

3. to hide this advert.