1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Documents Library

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by cbumpkin, 2015/11/22.

1. 2015/11/22
    cbumpkin

cbumpkin Well-Known Member Thread Starter

When I open "my Documents Library" file it opens in the form of a Windows Media Player file. I have to drag the line to the right side of the page. When I select an individual file out of the library it opens correctly What have I done wrong and how can I fix it? Will try to attach a screen shot. cannot attach screen shot.

2. 2015/11/22
    SpywareDr

SpywareDr SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

When you open it, over near the top right what does it say next to "Arrange by: "? If it says something like "Tag" or "Author ", click it and change it to "Folder ".

If you don't see an "Arrange by: ", try using Windows System Restore to roll Windows back to a point in time when your computer was functioning correctly. It allows you to undo system changes without affecting your personal files, such as e-mail, documents, or photos.

cbumpkin likes this.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/11/22
    cbumpkin

Doc, I did not find the Icon you referred to but i found an Icon that opened to "change to former folder ". I clicked it and the WMP panel went away. That solved that problem. Tanks so very much. Best wishes I will mark this tread resolved.

5. 2015/11/23
    SpywareDr

6. 2015/11/23
    cbumpkin

I appreciate the help for the old man. I couldn't get by without The Forum.

7. 2015/11/28
    SpywareDr

8. 2015/11/28
    cbumpkin

Doc, I am 81 years young. Have Parkinson's disease. Life is rough. my PC is about the only pleasure I have. Sure do appreciate all you guys on the Forum for keeping it running. It has few problems now but I have learned to work around them. I don't like to bother you guys with every little thing. Thanks and merry Christmas. cbumpkin, Johnny

9. 2015/11/29
    SpywareDr

Sorry to hear that. Parkinson's is definitely a bummer.

Buddy next door I helped take care of had ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease). Went from weight lifter hanging out at Gold's Gym and tooling around on his Harley to nothing left but a bag of bones in 4 years. He didn't even have enough muscle left to breath. So, so sad to see this kind of thing happen to good people.

10. 2015/11/29
    cbumpkin

Doc, I thank God everyday that I can still take care of my self. My biggest problem is I can't do the small things that is needed around my home. I have always done the lawn care, painting ets, now I have to hire everything done while I sit and watch, I get very depressed thin I see someone like your friend and then realize how fortunate I am.

I retired from Sears as an appliance service tech. after 30 years service. I serviced everything Sears sold except TV an other Entertainment Equipment. That field never did interest me . must go now and watch a church Service on TV. Best Regards Johnny