1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Recovery Flash drive, should we...

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MasterChief, 2015/11/21.

1. 2015/11/21
    MasterChief

MasterChief Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Should we create a new recovery flash drive since the new update of th2 so we don't have to keep re-updating when we re-install Windows? :cool:

2. 2015/11/21
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

Yes I would think so - Threshold 2 is basically a revamp of the OS and is essentially a re-install - and there has already been an update.

Did mine this PM :)

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/11/21
    MasterChief

Done on this pc but my ole Asus spit at me and said it couldn't. I noticed that the Recovery drive was empty too. I did not tell it to delete it.

Last edited: 2015/11/21
  5. 2015/11/22
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

You should update your backup media whenever you complete any significant upgrade and/or whenever it has been "awhile" since your last backup. "Awhile" depends on what you do with your computer. Many users cannot afford to lose more than a day's worth of data. A week is fine for others, or maybe a month is fine for you.

Considering new Windows Updates come out regularly, and most users would be upset if they lost more than a month's worth of emails, I generally recommend at least monthly.

Bill,
  6. 2015/11/22
    MasterChief

My bootloader got messed up the other day on my test machine which was already upgraded to th2. I used a th1 usb to restore the boot. Ive been bored lately. :)