1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Deleted Realtek HD Audio driver

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by no idea, 2015/10/09.

1. 2015/10/09
    no idea

no idea Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Which driver download can I trust to get my sound back? I believe I deleted my Realtek driver...

Recently had a local company (Technology Solutions) add wireless capability to my five-year-old eMachines tower... neither the sound within the computer plays, nor do my Bose external (not wireless) speakers, which I've plugged in correctly. (Sound used to work fine.) Thanks, and sorry to be a pest...

2. 2015/10/09
    JSS3rd Lifetime Subscription

JSS3rd Geek Member

Hi no idea,

You can download Realtek drivers from Realtek's website.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/10/09
    no idea

Thank you. This is always so humbling, dealing with computer things. I love them, and what they can do, but life was simpler when the most technical thing I had to do to continue working was get up and sharpen my pencil... :)

Jeni

5. 2015/10/09
    no idea

No audio devices are installed...

I downloaded the Realtek driver at DriverNavigator, rebooted as instructed... and now my dialog box says "No audio devices are installed." Two days ago, the sound played just fine.

When I go to manage the audio devices in the Control Panel, I get a different dialog box that says "Audio Service Not Running - This computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio Service is not enabled. Would you like to enable the Windows Audio Service?" And I click YES, and then I get the "no audio devices are installed... "

At a loss. Maybe it's just something simple... ?

6. 2015/10/09

JSS3rd Geek Member

Or refill your fountain pen. :) (I was replying to your second message when you posted your third.)

Do you have a system restore point that predates the advent of your problem? If not, I'd take the computer back to Technology Solutions and have them take a look, since their work seems to have caused your audio problem.

Last edited: 2015/10/09
  7. 2015/10/09
    no idea

Still no audio...

Jim...

Not sure if you saw:

I downloaded the Realtek driver at DriverNavigator, rebooted as instructed... and now my dialog box says "No audio devices are installed." Two days ago, the sound played just fine.

When I go to manage the audio devices in the Control Panel, I get a different dialog box that says "Audio Service Not Running - This computer cannot play audio because the Windows Audio Service is not enabled. Would you like to enable the Windows Audio Service?" And I click YES, and then I get the "no audio devices are installed..." ???

I see another dialog box that says "You are seeing a blank page because there is no audio devices plugged in the system. To activate GUI, please plug an audio device in the system." My Bose speakers (they're old, but they played fine the other day) ARE plugged into the green audio jack on the computer, which is what is recommended by the eMachines help site.

My audio driver version is 6.0.1.7592, DirectX Version 11.0, Audio Controller is HD Audio, Audio Codec is ALC888S... If that makes any difference.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate everyone here at Windows BBS.

Jeni

8. 2015/10/09

JSS3rd Geek Member

Hi Jeni,

I think we're cross-posting again. I've seen all the info you posted, but it would help if you posted your system specs.

On the left-hand side at the top of the page you'll see "User CP" Click on that and the User Control Panel will open. In the sidebar on the left click on "Edit System Specs" and fill in the blanks.

Also, you didn't answer my question about system restore.

9. 2015/10/09
    no idea

Hi, Jim.

I have a call in to Technology Solutions -- they can usually Bomgar me with fixes.

My system specs are: eMachines ET1331G

CPU = AMD Athlon II X2 250 u Processor 1.60 GHz

Memory = 4.00 GB, 3.75 usable.

On the restore question, I've not done that yet. Also, my luck at filling fountain pens has all been bad. Pencils have been much safer for me, and I like the sound they make when I scritch-scratch on my Big Chief Tablet...

10. 2015/10/09
    Evan Omo

Evan Omo Computer Support Technician Staff

Hi no idea. Please download the latest Realtek HD Audio driver from here.

Then after the drivers installs, reboot the computer and let me know if your audio is working.

Also, I would highly advise that you uninstall that Driver Navigator program from your system as there is no guarantee that this program downloaded the correct or the latest Realtek driver for your system. I have never recommended these Driver Update programs because not only do they charge you money to download drivers, but in most cases the drivers in their databases are not the most current versions when compared to downloading the drivers from your manufacturers website.

no idea likes this.
  11. 2015/10/10

JSS3rd Geek Member

Hi Jeni,

I agree with Evan about removing the Driver Navigator program.

When I provided you with the link to what appeared to be Realtek's website, I assumed (incorrectly, as it turned out :() that the download link on that page would take you to another page where you could choose and download the correct driver. As my kids used to say (and, perhaps, still do), My Bad. Sorry 'bout that.