1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved Roboscan Free

Discussion in 'Security and Privacy' started by Claw, 2015/09/04.

1. 2015/09/04
    Claw

Claw Inactive Thread Starter

A friend installed Roboscan Free about a week ago. I told him according to the homepage that it hasn't been updated since 2013. He told me that the virus definitions are updating, as of the time I'm posting this, the definitions updated on 9/3/15. Is he safe using this program even though it's outdated but the definitions are being updated ? Thanks.

Claw,
  2. 2015/09/04
    retiredlearner

retiredlearner SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

Hi Claw, What OS is your friend operating Roboscan in? If it's updating with new anti-malware patches it should be OK.
    My advice would be that if he is planning on Upgrading to W10 from W7 or W8.1 he would be wise to uninstall any 3rd. party AV software and use Defender while the upgrade is being carried out.
    Once W10 upgrades and updates - then you can try your AV choice. Many problems have arisen when doing the upgrade when users have been using 3rd party AV (even current year let alone older versions).
    Just my observations for your consideration. I have had no problem with MSE and Defender from XP/Vista/W7/W8.1 to current W10. Cheers Neil.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/09/05
    Claw

Claw Inactive Thread Starter

Thanks Neil. I'm not sure of the OS, he was running XP, but I do know he had a Vista and was looking into Win7, so I'm not really sure at this time, but I'll definitely send him your advice. Thanks again.

Claw,