1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Resolved No access to Pictures

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Jolly Roger, 2015/08/28.

1. 2015/08/28
    Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Inactive Thread Starter

I have successfully updated from W7 to W10 and everything so far transferred ok. But, access to My Pictures and My Videos is being denied. In the 'security tab' I have tried changing all the options, Everyone, System, User (my name) and Administrator. None of these will allow me access. I cannot lose several thousand photos, so will have to go back to W7 if I cannot sort this.
    Any ideas anyone?

2. 2015/08/28
    PeteC

PeteC SuperGeek Staff

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/08/29
    Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger Inactive Thread Starter

I have now sorted this, but have a further problem. After clicking the file properties, then security, then advanced, I found that one option was denied, although all the others were allow. After changing to allow, I had access to both My Pictures and My Videos.
    Unfortunately, most of my pictures are missing and the video file is empty.
    Therefore I have to go back to W7. I will try to upgrade again when I have more time in the winter and make sure everything is backed up!