1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Windows phone 8.1 Update 2 - Mobile IE Shows PNG's wrong on mobile website

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices' started by flynempire, 2015/08/25.

1. 2015/08/25
    flynempire

flynempire Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Hello my boss just got a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE and when he visited both of the mobile sites I worked on the homepage is the big issue. The graphics that make up the home page are .png and they may have transparency I can't recall right now.

Anyway in IOS or Android everything looks fine but here the PNG's look like indexed .gif files. Dont know how else to explain it. Is this common on IE on Windows Phone?

I see that Chrome nor Firefox is available so I downloaded Opera Mini and everything was fine except was little squished. Is there an update to IE that fixes this issue?

If you visit www.hygienics.com/mobile it is really pronounced compared to the other site m.kleinerts.com . You will see what I mean if you have a Windows Phone. It is a shame that it works fine in IOS and Android only.

Thanks

PS - The graphics just look washed out and really ugly in some places and yet no jagged lines or discoloration on IOS or Android.

Last edited: 2015/08/25