1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

NIC Card configuration

Discussion in 'Networking (Hardware & Software)' started by Manas, 2015/07/25.

1. 2015/07/25
    Manas

Manas Inactive Thread Starter

Dear All,
    I have got 2 NIC cards
    1. Intel(R) PRO/100 VE
    2. Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

The first one is used to connect me to the Internet and the second one is for sharing the net connection with other pcs through a switch. My Ip configuration is as followes:
    Intel(R) PRO/100 VE (IP : Autometic)
    Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC (IP : 192.168.1.3 Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway : 192.168.1.1)

My system says that all the drivers are installed properly. But the NIC through which I want to share the net connection displays "Unidentified Public Network ". I had tried the same by interchanging the connections. But the NIC used to share the connection becomes 'Unidentified Public Network ".

Please help.

2. 2015/07/25
    TonyT

TonyT SuperGeek Staff

I would try uninstalling both NICs via Device Manager, then disconnect cat5 cable, then reboot. Set up the NICs again. Then connect the cat 5 again. Then walk through the steps of Internet Connection Sharing for the Realtek..

3. to hide this advert.