1. You are viewing our forum as a guest. For full access please Register. WindowsBBS.com is completely free, paid for by advertisers and donations.

Start button not working

Discussion in 'Legacy Windows' started by rikki, 2015/05/16.

1. 2015/05/16
    rikki

rikki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

The context menu of the Start button has suddenly stopped working. Left click still works but nothing happens on right click. I checked WinX folder and all the shortcuts are there but I replaced them anyway. It didn't make any difference. I also tried restarting Explorer and rebooting.

I have been changing some settings to suit my use and I added QuickLaunch toolbar to the task bar just before I noticed the Start button context menu had stopped working. I don't know if this is related. Can anyone shed more light on this? I would like to get the context menu function back.

2. 2015/05/16
    rikki

rikki Well-Known Member Thread Starter

It works again. It is really easy on my new laptop to select the wrong button by accident. I managed to change the attribute on the folder path to Hidden so Explorer could no longer find it.

3. to hide this advert.

4. 2015/05/17
    Bill

Bill SuperGeek WindowsBBS Team Member

I am glad you got it sorted out! Thanks for coming back and posting your findings. :)

Bill,